Partners of Excellence Program - Policies and Guidelines
become a partner of excellence
The Partners of Excellence program showcases restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses that meet or exceed the program’s high-quality standards. Benefits of the Partners of Excellence program include:
- featured on the touchscreen kiosk in the Regional Visitors Center and the HPCVB website
- featured in the Official Destination Guide and various marketing materials
- featured in the Partners of Excellence brochure, distributed to area hotels, market, convention attendees and in welcome bags
- inclusion in the Passport to Savings App, featuring various discounts from our partners of excellence
-partners will receive a door decal, framed certificate and the ability to network at events hosted by the Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Visitors are instantly assured that participants in the Partners of Excellence program have met high standards of excellence including a minimum Four-Star Rating on Facebook and/or TripAdvisor® with a minimum of five reviews. In addition, restaurants must be locally owned with a maximum of four local locations to qualify for participation in the Partners of Excellence program.
**No fees or dues will be charged to Partners of Excellence within the city limits of High Point and Jamestown; all members outside the city limits of High Point and Jamestown will be required to pay an annual membership fee of $500.
The following requirements, standards and service delivery commitments are necessary to maintain inclusion in the Partners of Excellence program.
- Partners of Excellence must have a minimum of a four-star rating on TripAdvisor® with a minimum of five reviews. Partners not reviewable on TripAdvisor must have a minimum of a four-star rating on Facebook with a minimum of five reviews.
- Partners of Excellence (Restaurants and Hotels) must have a Guilford County Health Permit with a Health Sanitation score of 95% or better, if applicable.
- Partners of Excellence Restaurant Members must have minimum of one food service employee must be ServSafe Certified.
- All facilities directly associated with Partners of Excellence must be clean and well maintained in dining areas, restrooms and in all other indoor and outdoor areas.
- Establishments shall accept at least one major credit or debit card such as, Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. (This requirement will be waived in the event the establishment has an ATM machine onsite)
- Management will schedule appropriate staff levels to handle customer volume.
- Management (or their representative) must be readily accessible at all time for guest needs or requests.
- Partners of Excellence should make a good faith effort to support the community of High Point and other hospitality industry partners by being able to give visitors information about area sites and attractions.
- Partners of Excellence shall continuously work to improve their knowledge and skills to the benefit of their clients, themselves and the community of High Point.
- Partners of Excellence must be open as advertised. The High Point Convention & Visitors Bureau recommends 5 or more days per week.
servsafe managers certification class and exam available at the HPCVB
The HPCVB partners with Raise-the-Grade to host a 1-day class. Upon successful completion, examinees will receive their ServSafe certificate, valid for 5 years, approximately 8-10 business days after th class. The all-day class taught in an upbeat and informative manner presents the newest ServSafe 6th Edition materials.
Upcoming ServSafe Classes are:
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Register online by visiting http://www.raisethegrade.com. Click "Find a Class" tab. Scroll down to the "Greensboro/High Point ServSafe Class" and click on the "+" sign. Locate the date of the class held at 1634 North Main Street. To receive the 30% discounted rate, ($104.30), type in discount code: HPCVB19 and click "Update Cart."
How To Become a Partner of Excellence
To make it easier to participate, the High Point Convention & Visitors Bureau now offers an online application process to supply required information for inclusion in the program. For assistance, please call Casey Hawkins at the High Point Convention & Visitors Bureau at (336) 884-5255.
Memberships will be yearly, which may be renewed for subsequent yearly terms. At any time a Partner of Excellence fails to maintain requirements they will be removed from the list and will no longer be recommended as a Partner of Excellence. If the issue is corrected, as determined by the President & CEO of the High Point Convention & Visitors Bureau, they will be reinstated and entitled to benefits once again.